Opciones Para Arreglar Papeles

Posted on November 29, 2018 by Kathryn N. Karam

Hace unos meses comencé a aprender acerca de un tipo diferente de solicitud de visa que puede ayudar a las personas que necesitan una opción para obtener estatus legal en los Estados Unidos. Mi oficina trabaja con muchas personas que han dicho que no hay nada que pueden hacer sobre su estatus migratorio. Conseguir a través del sistema de inmigración de Estados Unidos no es fácil, pero no importa lo que le han dicho, si hay una manera, queremos ayudarle a encontrarlo. Hay opciones para arreglar papeles.

Immigration Options for Victims of Crimes

Posted on November 21, 2018 by Kathryn N. Karam


A few months ago, I started learning about a different type of visa application that can help people who need an option to get legal status in the U.S. My firm works with many people who have been told that there’s nothing they can do about their immigration status. Getting through the U.S. immigration system isn’t easy, especially if you are looking for immigration options for victims of crimes, but no matter what you’ve been told, if there’s a way, we want to help you find it. 

Immigration Lawyer: It’s Important to Report Crimes if you are Undocumented

Posted on November 09, 2018 by Kathryn Karam

Immigration lawyer, Kathryn N. Karam, P.C., was recently invited to talk to Harris County, Constable Alan Rosen about Immigration and crime. This short chat also covers why it's important to report crimes if you are undocumented and what happens if an undocumented person reports a crime.  Here's the link to the video interview on Facebook. Her talk begins about 39 minutes into the show. Below you will find the transcript of the video interview with some helpful topic titles to help you find information quickly. 

A Better Image for your Immigration Forms in Houston

Posted on September 13, 2018 by Kathryn N. Karam

If you’re filing a marriage-based green card or immigration case in Houston, Texas, you have options. There are numerous form fillers, notaries, notarios, and attorneys in the city who advertise that they assist with immigration cases. If you want a better image for your immigration forms in Houston, here is some information you should know.

Can I Apply for a Marriage-Based Green Card in the US?

Posted on August 31, 2018 by Kathryn N. Karam


You may be wondering, can I apply for a marriage-based green card in the US? If a person who is not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident marries a citizen, he or she has the same legal status as before. However, that person then becomes eligible to immediately seek to become a lawful permanent resident. As a permanent resident, that person will have most of the rights and privileges of a U.S. citizen, and will be eligible for naturalization after five years.

US Citizenship and Immigration Services Announce Two Major Policy Changes

Posted on August 16, 2018 by Kathryn N. Karam

I want to make sure you are aware of two major policy changes that were recently announced by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. I believe these policies will significantly impact immigration cases filed in the future, as well as applications that are currently pending. 

N-400 Interview But No Decision

Posted on July 26, 2018 by Kathryn N. Karam


If you filed an N-400 and had your interview, but your still don’t have a decision on your application, you’re probably getting nervous. Is there something wrong with your application? Are they ever going to make a decision? What if they deny the case?  Will you have to go to immigration court?

What do I need to do if I want to come to the United States to work?

Posted on June 07, 2018 by Vy Van Ky

What do I need to do if I want to come to the United States to work? If you want to come to the United States to work, it can be hard to figure out where to start. The U.S. immigration system is complex: there are several different temporary visas available, each with their own requirements.

In addition to temporary visas, there are several bases to apply for permanent residence, each with separate criteria for eligibility. If you want to come to the United States for employment opportunities, you may not know where to begin. Since we often hear from people interested in pursuing their careers in the United States, we wrote this blog to provide some basic information for people interested in coming to the U.S.

I Received a NOID in my Marriage-Based Green Card Case

Posted on May 31, 2018 by Kathryn N. Karam

 In the last year, our office has worked directly with three couples and consulted with at least two more couples who received Notices of Intent to Deny (NOIDs) regarding their marriage-based petition. Prior to that, we’ve worked with several other couples by assisting with responses to NOIDs. In general, we are seeing USCIS issuing more Notices of Intent to Deny marriage-based petitions, particularly in cases that were filed 3-4 years ago and interviewed over one year ago. President Trump’s administration has introduced measures aimed at reducing legal immigration through work visas, asylum applications, and refugee admissions, and the emphasis on reducing illegal immigration appears to have bled into marriage-based immigration as well. If you find yourself searching, "I Received a NOID in my Marriage-Based Green Card Case," you might want to read this article. 

Denial of Marriage-Based Green Card

Posted on April 26, 2018 by Kathryn N. Karam


You and your spouse probably don’t expect a denial of your marriage-based green card. You’re married, you live together. Why would your case be denied?

There are lots of reasons a marriage-based green card case might not be successful. Some marriage and immigration issues stem from questions about whether your marriage is real and not just a sham for immigration purposes. Other problems might be related to your spouse’s eligibility for a green card.