Kathryn N. Karam
Kathryn N. Karam has exclusively practiced immigration law since November 2007. She is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Board Certification is given by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization to attorneys that demonstrate the highest public commitment to excellence in their area of law. Less than 10% of licensed Texas attorneys are Board Certified.
Attorney Karam began her career at Quan, Burdette, and Perez, P.C., which later became FosterQuan LLP, in Houston, Texas. During this time, she handled all types of immigration matters, including family-based immigration matters, naturalization and citizenship issues, employment-based matters, non-immigrant visas, and detention and removal cases. Attorney Karam was later employed with Greenberg Traurig, LLP in Houston, Texas, where she primarily handled non-immigrant visa matters.
Prior to attending the University of Texas School of Law, Attorney Karam studied Chinese, earning her Bachelor of Arts in Chinese from Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas, and then earning her certificate in Chinese studies from the Johns Hopkins-Nanjing University Center for Chinese and American Studies.
Awards & Recognition
- Board Certified in Immigration & Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer - 2015,2016,2017 & 2019
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star -2017, 2018 & 2019
- Houston International Trade & Development Council Global 7 Honoree – Excellence in International Business – 2018
- Recipient of Award for Best Service-Based Company (Under 10 Employees) – Business Excellence Forum North America 2017
- H Texas Magazine: Named one of Houston's Top Lawyers, 2014
- Houston Business Journal 40 Under 40 Awards -Named to Honorable Mention list, October 2014
- Trinity University, B.A., Chinese
- Johns Hopkins-Nanjing Center, Certificate in Chinese Studies
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Texas Chapter Member
- Texas Chapter Advocacy Coordinator (2011-2013)
- Proficient in Mandarin Chinese
- Conversational in Spanish