How can I get an Immigration Bond?

Posted on December 21, 2017 by Nina Marie Amadi

How can I get an Immigration Bond? If you are arrested and detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), a bond can be set either by ICE or at a bond hearing before an Immigration Judge.

If your bond is set by ICE and it is too high, your attorney may request that ICE set a lower bond. Your Attorney may submit documentation showing that you are not a danger to people or property and that you do not pose a flight risk. If ICE does not reduce the bond, or the bond amount is still too high, your attorney may file a request for a bond hearing with an Immigration Judge to ask for a lower bond.

What do I do if ICE Comes to my Door?

Posted on December 13, 2017 by Kathryn Karam

What do I do if ICE Comes to my Door? As an Immigration lawyer in Houston, I know this question has been on the minds of many immigrants. Over the last few weeks, you may have seen news stories or social media posts about ICE officers coming to homes and even motels to try to arrest someone they believe is living there. Sometimes the person they want to arrest has never been in immigration court and has no criminal record.

Subscribe to the Immigration Blog:

Recent News